“The Dentistry Examining Board believes the citizens of Wisconsin need unrestricted access to dental services for public health and safety. We believe the dental profession is able to use their training, education, experience and expertise to determine the best course of care for our Wisconsin residents and our patients. Dentistry has always followed the highest level of infection control.”
Dear Lakeview Dental Center Patient,
Your overall health and wellness has always been our highest priority. We appreciate the growing concern with COVID-19 within our communities. After evaluating the most current information and reviewing all published guidelines, we remain confident in our ability to provide dental care in a safe and healthy environment at Lakeview Dental Center.
We are implementing the following additional precautions and recommendations to our patients and team members in light of COVID-19.
1. We recommend any patient stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath).
- Use your best judgment. If you are sick, we will help you reschedule. If you are uncertain, please call our office prior to your appointment.
2. We will maintain a clean and safe environment and continue to comply with OSHA and CDC infection control guidelines.
- We have standard protocols in place to disinfect all surfaces and patient contact areas. We sterilize or safely dispose of all instruments and products used during patient care. We utilize personal protective equipment (e.g. masks, gloves, safety glasses) to keep you and team members safe.
- We have reviewed the procedures for proper hand hygiene, reinforced their importance, and encouraged accountability between team members.
- We have expanded and increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfection of all common areas and facilities.
- We have temporarily removed items that pose a risk for cross-contamination (e.g. magazines, toys, and books) from our common areas.
3. We support a healthy work environment for our employees.
- We have requested our team to not be present at our office if they are experiencing symptoms.
We are closely monitoring updates from the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization and the American Dental Association and will continue to seek guidance from these agencies and local public health officials. With new information, we will make the necessary adjustments to our operations and will keep you informed of any changes.
Thank you for your continued trust and confidence in the care you receive at Lakeview Dental Center. If you have questions or concerns, please get in touch. We’re in this together and here to help!
Barry T Jacobs, DDS Michael D Auvinen, DDS